You can find full information about the update on KVS forum: KVS 5.1.1 update
What's new in 5.1.1
Another set of player enhancements:
- Changed VPAID architecture to display video slot inside VPAID iframe for better compatibility with advertising vendors.
- Player settings will now allow configuring VPAID timeout and the default timeout is increased twofold to 10 seconds. Unfortunately some VPAID vendors take longer time to initialize their ads, which may negatively impact your site.
- Player error logging can now be enabled in player settings.
- Player keyboard skipping behavior was changed to provide better usability than before.
- In VAST profiles we removed URL max length limit that didn't allow entering long URLs.
- Push notifications plugin will allow enabling notifications only for traffic from specific referrers (prior to that it was possible to disable notifications for traffic from specific referrers).
- Content localization will now check translated titles for duplicates.
- It will now be possible to separate stop words with new lines in addition to commas.
- Adding new languages will work in much optimal way now. Earlier adding a new language in a huge database could result in long database overload time.
- Grabbers plugin will now allow filtering imported video content by quality. This means you can configure any grabber to import only videos with 720p or above, or with 1080p or above.
- Google ReCAPTCHA plugin was updated to support specifying separate sets of keys for different alias domains if your project is working under several aliases at the same time.
- Content import will now support additional option to optimize content copying using rename function for cases when source files are already uploaded to your server..
- NATS billing integration was subdivided into 2 separate processors: the old one is working using transaction postbacks (approval, rebill, refund, chargeback and etc.), and the new one is designed to work with User Management Postback. The key difference between them is how they handle user data. The new processor also supports users that are added manually in NATS and can update user passwords if they are updated in NATS, but it doesn't collect information about refunds or chargebacks as the old one. In addition to that KVS is now capable of using NATS API to notify NATS about email or password changes that happened in KVS backend for NATS users.
- A new option was added to tag settings that allows adding old tags as synonyms to new tags, when renaming tags in admin panel. Doing this is useful to prevent old tags from being added again and again. This option will be enabled by default, as we think this is the desired behavior for tag rename process.
- Plugins page in admin panel was optimized to work much faster than before.
- In Content settings it is now possible to limit download speed for downloads operated by KVS itself (during import or remote file upload). This can be used to reduce overload caused by import.
- Custom grabbers will now support post-processing function that will be executed after each grabbed content item is created in KVS database and its ID gets available. This can be used to grab comments in addition to main content.
- Category synonyms can now support partial match using * symbol. This can be useful if you want to import a set of similar spelled categories as a 1 single category - in this case instead of listing all possible combinations you can use partial match. Please note that partial match considers word boundary.
- In referral registration award configuration it will now be possible to configure IP uniqueness check period to avoid users having multiple awards for registrations from the same IP.
Bugs that have been fixed:
- [MEDIUM] CCBill processor would end up in error if postback is executed using non-existing access package ID (regression after 5.0.0).
- [MEDIUM] CCBill processor would add member normally for some denial codes where no member should actually be added.
- [LOW] KVS displayed false error on conversion server if it took more than 2 minutes to process tasks on it (regression after 5.1.0).
- [LOW] Models list in admin panel didn't render age value (regression after 5.0.0).
- [LOW] FFmpeg could create huge log files in some rare cases that would block KVS conversion engine.
- [LOW] No error was considered when trying to add WebP format and missing WebP converter support in ImageMagick.
- [LOW] Stats will not show comparison with average for today date anymore as this makes no sense.
- [LOW] Anonymous users could set private content type that in fact should not be used when uploading content anonymously.
- [LOW] Grabbers import didn't check titles for duplicates prior to downloading files, which resulted in nonoptimal import behavior for duplicate cases.