You can find full information about the update on KVS forum: KVS 4.0.3 update
What's new in 4.0.3:
Set of player enhancements and fixes:
- Player logo can now be defined as text in addition to image file.
- Mobile player GUI will now support timeline screenshots when touching timeline.
- The way how player popunder works was changed. Popunder will now be installed on all devices rather than on devices that support autoplay). In order to return back to the old behavior a new option was added to popunder settings.
- Video advertising initial volume will now be set in the same way as for main video: based on previous user settings or from default volume in player settings for a new user.
- Pre-roll repeat option can now be set in 2 ways: either after each N videos or after each N minutes.
- Post-roll advertising will support 'after pause' mode, which is designed to increase the number of post-roll impressions. You can now use 3rd-party VAST providers in post-roll ads as well.
- For pre-roll and post-roll VAST it will be possible to configure alternate providers that will be used when primary providers return empty response.
- VAST spec implementation was enhanced to support all needed events and common macros in VAST URLs.
- A new option was added in pre-roll VAST settings that will force player to take logo from VAST advertising. Such behavior is required by some VAST providers.
- Player autoplay will now affect pre-roll advertising as well: on desktops player will autoplay pre-roll if configured.
- Fixed bug with not showing start screen advertising when VAST provider returned empty response.
- Fixed bug when pre-roll advertising installed for popunder configuration as well.
- Fixed bug with autoplay in desktop Chrome.
- Fixed bug with dynamic HTTP parameters not working in player HTML advertising.
- Fixed bug with missing player related videos if VAST advertising was installed.
Better tube monetization options:
- Support for VAST profiles was added. VAST profiles will allow creating your custom strategies of VAST advertising. They will help you to maximize your VAST revenue by targeting different VAST providers for different countries and also by using multiple providers at the same time.
- A new plugin was added to provide integration with push notifications service. Using push notifications is a brand new monetization channel that you should definitely use to increase your tube revenue.
Set of enhancements in grabbers:
- Almost all video grabbers were migrated to youtube-dl. You can now use multi-threaded downloaders with these grabbers (for example aria2) and increase download speed to virtually no limits. Also in many grabbers we added support for content source data field.
- Grabbers can now support custom fields and video grabbers will also support channel data for grabbers that support content source data. Channel data will have the same value as content source data, but one may need to save it either as content source or as channel based on their categorization structure.
- Grabbers now support filtering by content views. This filtering makes sense in conjunction with rating filtering, so that when you want to grab top rated content, grabbers don't grab content with dozen of views, since its rating value may not yet been stabilized.
- In video format settings you can now connect start / end duration offsets to content source custom fields. You can use this functionality to remove advertising intro from the imported videos and specify different into duration for videos from different sources.
- In memberzone settings it is now possible to configure token awards for embed code views for the videos uploaded by members. These awards will work in the same way as for video views, but they will only count views via embed codes (they will not consider views for these videos on your site).
- In emailing you can now export member emails instead of directly emailing them; thus you can use 3rd-party emailing solution at any time.
- Limited admin panel access groups will now allow extending their permissions for individual administrators.
- Template cache cleanup plugin was optimized in terms of file system utilization, so that it will produce slightly less load now.
- Admin panel categorization selectors enhanced their usability with sorting option and ability to switch off grouping.
- In videos export it is now possible to export duration, dimensions and filesize of any video format.
- In importing feeds it is now possible to configure specific channel for all videos imported by the given feed.
Bugs that have been fixed:
- Models did not force validation for duplicate titles.
- Some filters did not work in album grabbers.
- Files greater than 64 KB were truncated in template change history.
- When deleting videos or albums that were in processing state and their tasks have already been copied to conversion servers, these tasks would not be deleted and would slow down conversion servers for some time.
- Admin panel visual security was slightly enhanced: limited admin users will not be able to see names of other admin users in the system; also they will not see system LA and free disk space displayed in admin panel header.