KVS 5.0 implementation (was 4.1)

Tech Support

We will use this topic to post updates on 4.1 implementation.

In 4.0 we didn't implement everything that was initially planned, which probably left some customers frustrated. We are sorry for that, however we cannot guarantee any features prior to when we finally add and announce them. The reason is that everything is being constantly changing and the market is changing all the time, so we have to react to that and adopt our initial plans to the new reality. In 4.0 we were planning some email enhancements there were not even started. In contrast we completely refactored advertising module and did many enhancements in grabbers and player. This was not planned initially, but this became highly demanded during the year.

In 4.1 we would also like to share our top level plans, but again we would like to highlight that these are plans, nothing is guaranteed unless finally implemented. Ours plans are actually fully driven by our clients, except some features we are constantly adding for better support (e.g. more logging and etc., features that help us reduce support effort that is constantly being increased with more and more new customers and projects are coming each month).

So 90% of the features we are adding are being proposed by you - our valued customers. If you want to propose a new feature, just create a support ticket and try to explain in much details why this feature is useful for you and why you will benefit from it. If we agree that this feature will benefit most of KVS customers, we will definitely consider it even if was not planned. If this feature is very easy to add, we may add it into the next update even if this is a very limited feature and most likely won't affect other KVS users. But if the proposed feature is technically difficult and we are not convinced that it will provide much benefit, then most likely we will refuse to add it in the near future, not because we do not want to work on it, but because we think we have much more important things to add into the next update.

High priority features for 4.1

1) Complete emailing refactoring. We know this is annoying issue for many people and would like to finally close it.

Requirements that we plan here:

• Ability to easily set up public email service to send emails (gmail and etc.)
  • Ability to configure email templates in admin panel, extend support for tokens that can be used in emails.
  • Ability to translate email templates to multiple languages similarly to other content in KVS.
  • Ability to enable / disable certain emails from one place.

2) Automated audit and admin notifications. This one becomes more and more annoying as well. Also we think it may help to reduce support by providing constant project monitoring and better understanding of what went wrong.

• Create log table to log any issues that arise from time to time.
  • Extend audit plugin with some more checks.
  • Run audit plugin on scheduled basis to make sure that any issues will be reported ASAP.
  • Report summary email to admin on a daily basis (traffic stats, content stats, project status).
  • Report critical issues to admin's email immediately when they are identified.

3) HLS format investigation. We already started this and have some promising results. This is highly demanded feature by many whale customers and projects that render full-length videos.

We do not have any requirements defined for it yet, but if our initial investigation goes as planned, this one may be quite easy and we will include it. However if it turns out that we need much effort here, we will postpone this one.

4) For paysites - more alternative payment processors and support for shopping cart.

• Crypto billing.
  • Shopping cart block so that members can purchase content without using tokens - just choose what they need and immediately pay the whole amount.
  • Tentative: ability to purchase internal subscriptions as well.

Low priority features for 4.1

1) We would like to extend videos and albums for more images you can upload for them.

• In videos we would like to add support for 2 images (posters) that can be uploaded separately from screenshots. For these we will create a new screenshot format group, similar to what we already have for overview and timeline screenshots. These new images can be used for enhancing your site theme, e.g. showing some vertical and horizontal images for each video in an advanced layout.
  • In albums KVS already has ability to upload a poster. We will extend to allow uploading one more poster image, so that in total you can upload 2 poster images.
  • Subtitles text file upload for videos.

2) Comments and rating enhancements.

• Ability to reply to other comments (hierarchy).
  • Ability to disable comments / rating to specific content (from admin panel and user area).
  • Ability to sort comments by votes (show top rated comments).

These are our initial plans for 4.1. We hope that top priority tasks won't take much and we will be able to implement low priority features. If we decide to release 4.1 right after some top priority are done, all other features will become top priority for 4.2. With 4.x we would like to make updates available faster, ideally each 2 months, so that new features go live as soon as possible.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Have you thought of increasing the stats section? I know this is a secondary part of the script and I'm currently using excel to do this, but to have it built in would be nice...

Things like:

1. Total sales per month

2. Total initial sales per month

3. Total rebills per month

4. Total conversions per month

5. Conversion % for each 1,2,3 per month based on traffic in

6. Projected sales.

7. Average Membership length.

8. 12 months projected sales based on % of new memberships per month, rebills and conversions

9. Breakdown of how each membership package is doing.

The list goes on and to many to name at this point... It seems all the stats required are already built into the script, it just needs a page built to make it visible and show everything all on one page. I can send you my excel sheets I use to get an idea of what I'm breaking down and how I'm displaying it.

The above would be helpful for a number of reasons, see if conversion rates change based on site changes, templates, and so on. Also to help plan for future growth, server space and so on.

Just a thought.

Hey guys,

Have you thought of increasing the stats section? I know this is a secondary part of the script and I'm currently using excel to do this, but to have it built in would be nice...

Hello, thanks for your feedback.

In Stats -> Transactions there is a total line, which summarizes the filtered list.

I think you can get (1), (2), (3) and (4) by selecting date filter from month start day to month end day. It will them summarizes the whole stats for that month period into a single line.

We will also add column selector to this table and also add (5) and (7) to the columns. This will let you see the averaged numbers in total line.

We will see if we can add ability to group stats lines by months, so that you can switch to this and don't need to select filters to compare different months.

What you mean by projected sales? Isn't it the same as just multiple current month sales to the desired amount of months? Or it should also consider growth % and rebills ratio from previous periods? I think this may require additional stats section and probably not in this release. To accurately calculate this we will need more complicated logic here.

What you mean by projected sales? Isn't it the same as just multiple current month sales to the desired amount of months? Or it should also consider growth % and rebills ratio from previous periods? I think this may require additional stats section and probably not in this release. To accurately calculate this we will need more complicated logic here.

Understand all on 1,2,3,4,5 and 7.

For the above question. Perhaps it should consider growth % based on rebills/converts and initals... For example ...

Site A has 100 members, at 10.00 per month, with an average of 25 new members per month and average membership retention rate of 80%. (using easy math here).

It would project 12 months

Month 1: 100*10.00 + 25*10.00 = 1,250.00 (members * $ + new * $) $ = the average income earned per member each month (because some may have different price ranges).

Month 2: 125 (members) - 12.5 (80% retention) + 25 (new memberships) = 137.5 * 10.00 = 1375.00

Month 3: 137.5 - 17.1 + 25 = 145.4 * 10.00 = 1454.00

and so on....

This was a quick 5 minute idea on, the members, average memberships per month and retention rates. The numbers will probably always be changing number based on overall averages, so the above is more of a static example.

I currently have an excel that averages my retention rates, average membership income earned, conversion rates based on traffic and page views, average rebills, average conversions, average initial bills. I have not figured out the best formula to use to project yet, but haven't tried all that hard. Biggest issue I have right now is I have to import by hand each membership billed (initial, rebill, conversion), all traffic data and a few other points. KVS has all the data I need currently within the script to generate everything I use for my excel sheets.

Just a thought... a quick on page line graph with a few statistical averages and projections may do the trick.

For the above question. Perhaps it should consider growth % based on rebills/converts and initals... For example ...

Thanks, looks clear. We will see if we can do something like that in the existing GUI. Please pay attention to this thread and provide your feedback after we announce changes in this area.

In paid access in access packages we now added support for configuring countries where this particular access package should be visible.

This will allow for the following paid access configurations:

- Show EUR prices for the EU countries and USD prices for the rest of the world.

- Support different discounts for visitors from different countries.

access_package_country_limits.png.3ba8995f4128d9262e77aa48ba8051b1.png

Also added support for CCBill dynamic pricing as a separate payment processor.

Hi guys, What about adding finally support CCbill Flex Form?

After discussing this with CCBill support, they said that there is no difference from KVS perspective whether you want to use FlexForm or old JPost approach. They confirmed that both Background Post and Datalink features work in the same way for FlexForms. So looks like there is nothing we should do here in general. Perhaps it will be required to update postback processor if some variables it expects to be available are not present in FlexForm postback, but we can only do this on the live site having live postbacks, since there is no doc describing that.

If you want to configure this on your site, just try that and let us know if something is wrong.

Integrated Google Recaptcha as a plugin into KVS:

recaptcha_plugin.png.771a387ffc2d151ffe58840d4d128ea1.png

The main problem for old customers will be to update templates, because otherwise it will not work. There is no way to render it without updating templates. We will provide instructions later for all themes, but the updates will be huge... Here is example how it will look with default theme:

recaptcha_site.png.c1794904837f02696f72bd041dd20f23.png

They could put validation for the titles, such as not allowing titles that are "jkksjk, DDsss, Alkslsksoi, Maria, kjdksjd2233"

Because on my site there are people who upload videos but these titles do not help me to attract traffic.

Thank you.

When a video is deleted, the user will be notified automatically why it was deleted.

It happens to me that I have to delete videos from different users and I would like the user to receive an email notifying him that the video was deleted.

And that this remains in the list of your videos only with the title and an image that indicates that this video is deleted.

Thank you

Hello,

Can please add one more option in Advertisement area. one more browser. "Android Webview"

Based on GA:

[TABLE=border: 1]

[TR]

Browser Users % Users [/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1.[/TD]

[TD]Chrome[/TD]

[TD]172[/TD]

[TD]30.18%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2.[/TD]

[TD]YaBrowser[/TD]

[TD]159[/TD]

[TD]27.74%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3.[/TD]

[TD]Android Webview[/TD]

[TD]959[/TD]

[TD]16.05%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4.[/TD]

[TD]UC Browser[/TD]

[TD]582[/TD]

[TD]9.35%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5.[/TD]

[TD]Opera[/TD]

[TD]31[/TD]

[TD]5.41%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6.[/TD]

[TD]Samsung Internet[/TD]

[TD]18[/TD]

[TD]3.22%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7.[/TD]

[TD]Firefox[/TD]

[TD]13[/TD]

[TD]2.35%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]8.[/TD]

[TD]Safari[/TD]

[TD]11[/TD]

[TD]1.98%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9.[/TD]

[TD]Edge[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]1.49%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10.[/TD]

[TD]Android Browser[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]1.08%[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

in browser:

[TABLE=border: 2]

[TR]

[TD]Browsers (*):[/TD]

[TD]Chrome

Firefox

Safari

IE/Edge

Opera

Other

can be used to restrict ads display in specific browsers only[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

When a video is deleted, the user is notified by email, an internal message because it was automatically deleted.

Email notifications are planned for future updates, but not for 4.1. Probably 4.2.

Hi, Thanks for it. But what about for Reply to a comment

Please check the original post:

Low priority features for 4.1 -> 2) Comments and rating enhancements -> Ability to reply to other comments (hierarchy).

They could put validation for the titles, such as not allowing titles that are "jkksjk, DDsss, Alkslsksoi, Maria, kjdksjd2233"

Because on my site there are people who upload videos but these titles do not help me to attract traffic.

Thank you.

How do we validate these? We are not google.

When a video is deleted, the user will be notified automatically why it was deleted.

It happens to me that I have to delete videos from different users and I would like the user to receive an email notifying him that the video was deleted.

And that this remains in the list of your videos only with the title and an image that indicates that this video is deleted.

Thank you

This was implemented in 4.0:

https://www.kernel-video-sharing.com/forum/forum/general-discussion/announcements/273-kvs-4-0-implementation-previously-was-3-9-2?p=522#post522

Hello,

Can please add one more option in Advertisement area. one more browser. "Android Webview"

There is Other browsers choice, which actually covers all other (minor) browsers. I cannot imagine a situation when you need to show a very specific adveritising for Android Webview browser, which will be different for all other Android browsers.